Jake and Jo is committed to providing you with a satisfying shopping experience. We are always trying to better understand and present you with information about the products and services that are most helpful to you. To help us in that process, we do collect information about you through your online shopping experiences. This Privacy Statement describes the types of information we collect and how we use it.
Some of the information we collect from you is considered personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”). Personal Information is information which can be used, alone or in combination with other information, to identify an individual.
In this Privacy Statement, we list the circumstances under which we collect Personal Information, and the type of Personal Information we collect. We also explain how we use, share, and protect Personal Information. When you engage in any of the activities listed below, you are agreeing to let us collect, use, and share your Personal Information in the manner described in this Privacy Statement.
WHERE AND WHEN DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
We collect Personal Information from you when you engage in the following activities:
- When you visit our website on any device, desktop, mobile or tablet. www.JakeandJo.net (“Site”).
- When you make an online purchase through our Site.
- When you register and create an account on our Site.
- When you call us on the telephone, send us an e-mail, submit a product review, or submit a form on our Site.
- When you sign up for our e-mail or text service to receive offers, news & tips.
- When you register a product through our Site.
- When you upload content such as photographs and comments to our Site, or to any of our social media sites (“Social Media”).
- When you participate in any of our programs and promotions, or respond to a survey or questionnaire.
- When you click-through or engage with JAKE AND JO content which is displayed on a third party website, mobile site, or social networking site.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal Information that we collect may include:
- Your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and social media handles.
- Your credit card number
- The products that you purchase through our Site
- The IP address and information about the device or web page that you use to interact with us
- Photographs, comments, opinions and reviews, and other information that you share with us through our Site and Social Media
We may use other automatic collection technologies such as web beacons, match scripts and pixel tags. These features let us collect information such as whether you visited a particular web page, whether you opened an e-mail we sent you, or whether you followed a link that we provide to you.
We may collect Personal Information ourselves, or we may use reputable third party service providers who have tools which are used to collects this information for us. Those service providers are obligated by contract with us to use your Personal Information in a manner consistent with the Privacy Statement.
HOW DO WE USE AND SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use Personal Information to improve and enhance your shopping experience, in the following ways:
- To respond to your inquiries and improve our customer service.
- To communicate with you about our products, services, offers and promotions, news and events that may be of interest to you.
- To present you with opportunities to complete a survey or questionnaire about our company or our products.
- To help us develop and improve our Site and Social Media.
- To tailor and present advertisements and offers to you based on the searches you perform, information you provide, your activity on our Site or Social Media, or your activity on third party sites and social media.
- To support and improve our internal business processes and functions, such as product fulfillment, marketing, authentication, customer service, security, fraud prevention, safety and legal.
- To conduct data analysis and research, develop new products, identify trends, and determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
We may share Personal Information with third party service providers in the following ways:
- As necessary to authorize credit card transactions for processing your payments, fulfill your orders, and create personalized items that you purchase from us.
- To help operate our business such as by website hosting, fraud screening, data analysis, information technology, customer service, e-mail delivery, and auditing.
- To protect our rights and the rights of our users, and to comply with legal obligations such as responding to subpoenas, or other requests from government entities.
- To investigate, prevent, or take action against potential or suspected illegal activities, fraud, threats to personal safety, or violations of our terms and conditions.
- In ways for which you provide us with your consent.
Any information that you share with us by posting to public areas such as our Site and Social Media may be seen by others.
SPECIAL NOTICE ABOUT INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
Some websites may belong to interest-based advertising networks that collect and use your browsing history across various websites to choose which ads to display to you on their sites. Jake and Jo may participate in interest-based advertising to enhance your customer experience. We also may use information collected through interest-based advertising to improve our customer service, and provide you with communications and promotions from us or others.
You can opt out of receiving interest-based advertising by following these links:
If you opt out, you still may see ads or receive communications from us, but they will not be based on your interests. You also may not be able to participate in certain activities or receive promotions tailored to you.
If you change your mind and do not want us to use information that you have already shared with us, simply send us an e-mail at email@example.com
HOW DO WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use industry standard security techniques on our Site to help protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the Personal Information we collect. Personal Information we collect is stored on servers we have attempted to secure from unauthorized access or intrusion by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption software.
To check the security of your connection, look at the lower right-hand corner of your browser window after accessing the server. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending on your browser), then SSL is active and the server is secure. You can also double-check by looking at the URL line of your browser. When accessing a secure server, the first characters of the Site address will change from “http” to “https.”
Some versions of browsers and some firewalls don’t allow communication through secure servers. In that case, you won’t be able to connect to our server and therefore won’t be able to place an order through a secure connection. If you cannot access the secure server for any reason, please place your order by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
No transmission of data over the Internet or by mobile is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under our control to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect your Personal Information, neither Jake and Jo nor any of our service providers can ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the Internet. Any such transmission is done at your own risk.
Jake and Jo does not ask you to provide Personal Information by sending e-mail requests. Therefore, if you receive an e-mail that looks like it comes from Jake and Jo and asks you for Personal Information (such as your name, address, or credit card number), do not respond. The e-mail may be phishing to steal your Personal Information.
WHAT ARE YOUR CHOICES?
You may receive e-mails, text messages, or other communications from us or our marketing partners with information about our products, services, offers and promotions, news, and tips. You can opt out of receiving these messages in the following ways:
- By following the “unsubscribe” link contained in the e-mails you receive.
- By replying STOP to any text message you receive, or texting STOP to 12534.
- By contacting us by e-mail at email@example.com
If you opt out of receiving e-mails or text messages from us, we still may retain your Personal Information for recordkeeping and internal research and analysis.
You can disable cookies on your web browser by referring to the HELP menu option on the toolbar for most browsers. If you reject or disable cookies, you still may see ads or receive communications from us, although but they will not be based on your interests.
THIRD PARTIES AND LINKED SERVICES
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law or regulation.
PERSONAL INFORMATION OF CHILDREN
Our Site and Social Media are directed to parents and to individuals over the age of thirteen (13) who shop for and purchase our products. We do not knowingly solicit or collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent. If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has shared Personal Information with us, we will not use that information except as necessary to protect the safety of the child and others as the law permits or requires. We also will take all reasonable measures to have that information deleted. If you become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately at the e-mail address provided below.
HOW TO CONTACT US TO CHANGE TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY
If you have questions or comments about our privacy practices, how your Personal Information has been used, or if you would like to correct or update Personal Information that you have provided to us, you may contact us as follows:
- E-mail us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may update or change your shipping or billing information by signing into your account at www.jakeandjo.net
Please allow 10 days to process your requests.
Last modified: March 20 2021